A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Vancouver, BC

I'll begin the vacation journal with our first stop - Vancouver, British Columbia.
We took the city bus to Stanley Park. It is world renowned for it's beauty. There was a city worker strike so some services were unavailable and the gardens hadn't been tended for 3 weeks.

Kendall where we had lunch. Note the 'boot' on his foot that traveled with us throughout the trip as the torn muscle in his foot heals.


Lions Gate bridge


Beautiful flowers


Enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning



4 comments:

Miriam said...

I am glad you are back, but I am sure you enjoyed your well deserved vacation!!! Beautiful pictures!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see more pics of the trip! So, was that Tim Horton's or Starbucks?

Patti said...

Love your photo's! I'm Julie's friend who lives in Vancouver, BC....these pics all look very familiar to me. In fact, the one of the lion's gate bridge....I only live about a 5 minute drive from there on the other side(5 minutes - providing it's not rush hour or there's been a stall or accident anywhere in the vicinity. If that's the case it could take 45 minutes!).

Patti said...

Oops! One additional comment - sorry about the workers strike...it's too bad that happened at the height of tourist season. I hope it wasn't too bad for you.

And Julie - I see your comment about Tim Horton's/Starbucks! Very impressive that you mention Tim Horton's I must say!! But looking at the cup of java in the photo I'd say it's neither. Is it Blenz? Perhaps just a little non-chain coffee shop? Not sure!