A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Monday, May 26, 2008

Disneyland

Kendall thought it was about time (in my advancing years) to have a Disney experience. Since I needed to be in California for business this past week, the weekend before seemed like a good time to make the Disney experience mine. Since it's Memorial Day, I guess it's fitting to open the photos with the flags flying atop the Mark Twain.

Anaheim was experiencing a heat wave so the breeze on the boat felt good as we took a trip down the 'Mississippi'.


I was surprised at the lack of characters mingling with us in the park. This is Minnie having breakfast in one of the restaurants.

It took us 2 times to be able to do the Peter Pan ride. The first time we were close to the front of the line when they closed it down for a medical emergency. We went back the next day to fly over London.


A place to feed hungry humans.


We took a trip around the park on the tram - just because.


The train was also a nice way to travel around the park.

The Mad Hatter chatting with young fans.

These are miniature scenes along the bank of the river on our gondola ride.
Mini windmills and 'trees'.


The mini pumpkin carriage that took Cinderella to the ball.

Bustling main street. Amazing how many people it can accommodate. Quaint stores and places to eat.


I looked, but Chip and Dale weren't at home.

My prince was with me so I didn't need to look in the castle :-)


And here he is! He even let me drive the car around the race track.


We managed to hit both Disneyland and California Adventure. The best part of California Adventure is Soaring Over California. It sure feels like you're flying over the state!

I moved out of my comfort zone to ride some rides never before attempted!



The Dapper Dan's

The man himself. The flowers were lovely and made a nice foreground for the castle.


Good 'ol Toy Story!

Buzz in the flesh -- oh, I mean plastic. I didn't wait in line to have my picture taken with him.




Yummy coffee break time!!


No comments: