A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Remembering Aunt Esther

We received word this morning that Aunt Esther passed away during the night.
This picture was taken about 2 years ago at a family reunion.  She is singing with her sisters, something we love to do as a family.
Oh the memories of a dear person.  This is a dress that Mom made for me from fabric she  had sent from Germany.


One of the things I remember is the Torte she would bring to family gatherings on the farm.  She gave me the original pan many years ago, and I have the tray that she often served it on.  The serving tray is rusty, and the torte pan isn't in pristine condition, but I cherish them.
The recipe is in the cookbook, of course - "My Sister's Recipes".

I had to make one today; I used blueberries and strawberries.
Another pleasure she introduced us to was Nutella - a German treat.  Yummy, and seemed so 'worldly' to a young girl!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

nice post. Such a sweet picture...She always could out sing anyone!

Marlene said...

Thanks for sharing your memories-great post. My heart goes out to the whole family.