Little Star written by Anthony DeStefano, illustrated by Mark Elliott
A father tells his young son the story of the star that shone on baby Jesus the night of his birth. The little star was ignored by other stars because of his small size. The stars were excited about the upcoming birth of a king that would change the whole world forever and a special prize would be given to the star that could shine the brightest the night the baby king was born. When the baby was born to poor parents in a stable, the other stars didn’t believe that he could possibly be a king. The little star was the only star to realize that the poor baby was the king and he came to show all – no matter how poor or small they are – that He loves them. The star shone brightly to keep the baby warm all night long. He shone so brightly that he burned himself out. Because of this sacrifice, God rewarded him in return and the little star is remembered always by the star that is placed on top of a Christmas tree every year.
Remember, it is a fictional children’s story book that is a springboard to other conversations about Christmas, Jesus’ birth, the treatment of those different from us, and love. In that regard, I can recommend the book for young children.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Enjoy an excerpt from the book.


No comments:
Post a Comment