A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Sunday, June 05, 2011

The Chocolate Diaries Written by Karen Scalf Linamen


The Chocolate Diaries written by Karen Scalf Linamen


I have had the book on my nightstand for several weeks. I pick it up and read a few pages, put it down, and repeat periodically. I’m having difficulty connecting with the author – perhaps because I’m not in the same place she is, or was. It feels in many ways more like a self-help book with food (mostly chocolate) as the mender of hurt. I find this to be a disturbing concept in that over two-thirds of Americans are overweight, and to even in jest suggest that food is a solution to feeling bad is hard for me to accept. Obviously many agree that food can help in times of trouble and they may enjoy the book and the recipes included in each short chapter. As for me, I’ll find another book to rest on my nightstand.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: