A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Bride Wore Blue, A Novel by Katie Ganshert


The third book in the series of the Sinclair sisters in Cripple Creek brings the youngest to the wild west town.  Vivian has a hard time dealing with poor decisions she made in the past as a young woman in Maine.  She tries to make a fresh start, but runs into obstacles as she tries to find employment.  Her history clouds her decisions to compromise what she knows in her heart to be right, and takes a position in a questionable establishment, keeping it from her sisters.

Interwoven in the story is Deputy Alwyn, struggling with his own issues and the death of his father – also a lawman.  He is trying to determine what his calling is and how his father’s death is influencing the decision. 

The book is well written, and with a somewhat different subject that is addressed in most ‘Christian’ novels.  Worth the read.    

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: