A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

A Walk with Dad

I was in Pittsburgh in business the beginning of the week, and since it was a holiday week I decided to extend the trip and spend some time at home with Mom & Dad.  Did I ever spend the night in the house alone with them?  I'm not sure. Being the 2nd oldest of 7 made that difficult in my earlier years, and now we usually stay elsewhere on our trips back to the homeland.

Dad wanted to make sure i was in training for the upcoming 5K so he took me along on his walks - the 3 mile and the 2 mile.  They are pretty walks along country roads.  We saw deer, wild turkey, and other small critters along the way.  It was chilly at 41 degrees, so I bundled up in layers, gloves, and knitted cap (no pictures of that!).

 The neighboring farm




Beautiful berries

Deer

 Great rock formations 

 The turn around point of the 3-mile walk is at the bridge that goes over the freeway.  Not much traffic early in the morning.

 Morning is the best time of the day!

Another deer







On the second morning they came over to us for some petting


No comments: