Thursday, December 02, 2010
Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
“A cute story that pulls you in”; that’s what Uncle Bob had to say about Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball. I had the book on my coffee table in anticipation of reading it over the Thanksgiving weekend. My husband’s aunt and her husband were spending a quiet weekend with us at our cabin, and as I came into the living room Sunday morning, Uncle Bob had the book in hand and was about a third of the way through it!
I must say, I have to agree with Uncle Bob. The story line is a mixture of fantasy, light romance and a glimpse of the impact family has on our lives. The interactions that the character Sandy, an adult with Downs Syndrome, has with her family and those she comes in contact with is a thing of beauty. It is a quick, easy read that is good in front of the fireplace with a cup of cocoa in your hand.
Download the first chapter to get a sneak preview.
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment