A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mine Is the Night

I finished a book this weekend at the cabin that had captured my attention all week.

A great historical novel! It includes a lot of historical details of Scotland in the mid 1700’s as a story is told that mimics that of Ruth in the Bible (Ruth 1-4). Mine Is the Night begins where the prequel, Here Burns My Candle leaves off. Elisabeth, recently widowed, chooses to stay with her Mother-in-law rather than going back to her hometown. They begin this new phase of their lives without title, land or money, relying on the kindness of distant relatives and strangers. The women find their faith and trust tested, but find their way through the trials to come out on a better place. Highly recommended!


Enjoy an excerpt from the book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: