Sunday, July 31, 2011
Restless in Carolina by Tamara Leigh
What a delightful novel; a nice story line, but not dripping in sweetness. Bridget is a widow of four years when we meet her and the Pickwick family. The story is told from her view point and we cheer her on as she finally begins the healing process and returns to a relationship with God and opens herself to the possibility of love again. We learn of the family’s past and how the actions of generations before us impact our behavior as well as those on the periphery.
It is a quick summer read that I highly recommend as a take along to the beach or a weekend get-away!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment