Perfecting
Kate, A Novel by Tamara Leigh
Kate
has a creed of thou shalt embrace
singledom and be unbelievably, inconceivably happy. Kate is single, and yes she is content with
her life until she meets Michael a famous makeup artist who makes a few helpful
suggestions - followed up with business cards of plastic surgeons and beauty
professionals. The helpful suggestions
include removal of a mole, fixing that little gap in her teeth, a new wardrobe…
What
the writer does very well is take us inside Kate’s head as she figures out what
is really important in her life as she works through the ideas presented by
Michael. All the while she is busy working
as a successful artist in San Francisco and trying to juggle a relationship with
God, long hours of work and the possibility of several romantic relationships. The story is a romantic novel that doesn’t
get too sappy or too ‘preachy’ for being in the Christian section of the
bookstore. A thumb up on this one!
Read
an excerpt from the book
Disclosure of Material Connection: I
received this book free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah
Publishing Group book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a
positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides
Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:
Post a Comment