A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hobbies

We're having a nice weekend at the cabin.  Gracie made it clear she didn't want to join us this weekend by evading attempts to get her so we could take her to the truck - not that that is the reason it is a nice weekend!  I did a little studying this morning, but the semester is winding down so there isn't as large a volume of pressing work to do. Hence a little more focus on hobbies -- gardening (Kendall) and baking (me).
 
This was my view as I studied

Kendall headed in to town to visit the nursery
 
He came back with a peach tree that he got in the ground before a summer shower started

And he stopped at the local museum where they were having an iris sale.  He picked up a few to add to our spring landscape
 








 While Kendall was in town I did some baking
 
 I tweaked the filling recipe just a bit in preparation for the upcoming TV show.  It's true - one cup of mini chocolate chips is better than a whole cup!


And I made Mom Donna's apple pie.  Well, actually four of them.  I got this small pie pans that were just begging for some apples.  The Never Fail Pie Crust recipe made enough to do all four pies.  One is baked and the other three are in the freezer waiting for a rainy day and a hot oven to bake them fresh.

No comments: