Author: Carrie Turansky
Review: The setting of the story is in early in the 20th
century in England. A young woman,
Julia, has recently returned to England from India where she served as a
missionary with her parents. Her
father’s ailing health required the attention of a physician in England,
bringing her back to a place she had not been for 12 years. Needing to support her parents, she finds
employment as the governess at Highland Hall.
The position is a challenge with two young children of the widowed
master of the estate and his two orphaned teenaged nieces.
It is easy to see the inspiration for the author of the television series, Downton Abbey, in this book. The story line is predictable in many places for the characters of the young governess and the widower, but I still recommend it as a light wholesome read.
Read an excerpt: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SneakPeek_TheGovernessofHighland.pdf
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book
free from the publisher through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group book
review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The
opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with
the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides
Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:
Post a Comment