A place of relaxation

A place of relaxation

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hesston College Reunion

This weekend we traveled to Hesston, Kansas for Kendall's 25th college reunion. Deb met a lot of great people and we had a great time! The time was well planned and there were activities from Friday at 6:00 pm to Sunday at noon.
Check out the website: http://www.hesston.edu/
After dinner we gathered at a barn that had been relocated from a family farm in PA. It is a great combination of old and new coming together for a great purpose.
Deb has no eye foot coordination so Jenni was kind enough to be Kendall's partner at the square dance Friday night. Here they are getting instructions from Todd who does this a lot in Michigan.

In full swing!


A tradition at Hesston College is the run to Drubers for fresh donuts at midnight. Luckily for us they now open at 11:00! No need to wait so long for a treat. I finally did the donut run that I've heard about for years!


Kendall, Deb, Todd and his wife Faith


Kendall's parents live in Hesston and it was great to spend time with family as well - Kirby, Darcie, Chase, Brock, and cousin Marge. Mom had a fantastic Sunday dinner for us! She had Kendall's favorite meat loaf and all the trimmings. Yummy ending to the weekend!

3 comments:

Julie said...

This is the second blog where I've read about that midnight run to Drubber's. I know where I'm going if I ever find myself in Hesston!

Miriam said...

Dad and I have been to Drubers, "been there, done that" in the middle of the night. The fresh "squids" were exceptionally good! Yummy, yummy!

In fact, the Swartenzdrubers MIGHT be related to us.

Miriam said...

spelled wrong Swartzendruber